NORVI HMI is around the corner. What is it?
Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) stand as indispensable conduits bridging the gap between humans and machines, encompassing an extensive spectrum of applications spanning across industrial process control, energy management, transportation, healthcare, consumer devices, smart homes, retail, defense, education, telecommunications, research, and public infrastructure management. These interfaces continually evolve, constantly refining user experiences and control mechanisms across diverse sectors and technological landscapes.
Enter the NORVI HMI, an ESP32-based interface redefining user interaction. Boasting a 5-inch display coupled with resistive touch capabilities, integrated digital inputs, and transistor outputs, the NORVI HMI stands out among its peers. Its distinguishing features include a state-of-the-art 5-inch LVGL 8 display, seamless ESP32 S3 integration, an in-built buzzer for enhanced interactivity, and an extensive array of I/O options, rendering it a versatile and comprehensive solution.
This article aims to delve deep into the exceptional features defining the NORVI HMI while also conducting an insightful comparative analysis with alternative display solutions prevalent in the market.
Serial-driven displays, a popular choice within the realm of HMIs, garner acclaim for their intuitive interface creation capabilities and compatibility with microcontrollers such as the ESP32. These displays establish communication with microcontrollers through serial communication protocols, paving the way for seamless integration and operation.
A fundamental disparity distinguishing these two Human-Machine Interface (HMI) solutions pertains to their microcontroller intricacies and processing methodologies. In the case of the Serial HMI display, its reliance on external microcontrollers necessitates communication through designated serial channels. In stark contrast, the ESP32-based NORVI HMI features an integrated ESP32 module, uniquely equipped to fulfill both UI functionalities and communication requisites seamlessly. This holistic integration endows the NORVI HMI with a dual advantage: it presents a cost-effective solution while elevating performance metrics beyond those achievable by the Serial HMI display.
The NORVI HMI operates on the ESP32-S3 microcontroller, a powerhouse boasting an impressive array of 45 physical GPIO pins. Within this framework, 20 GPIO pins are dedicated to handling display functionalities, leaving the majority of the remaining pins available for an assorted array of critical functions. These encompass an extensive spectrum, encompassing digital inputs, transistor outputs, and facilitating crucial communication protocols, amplifying the HMI’s flexibility and adaptability within diverse operational settings.
Features of NORVI HMI
- 5-inch LCD Display with Resistive Touch: NORVI HMI offers a crystal-clear 5-inch LCD display with resistive touch technology, ensuring a user-friendly and interactive experience.
- ESP32 S3 Integration: At its core, NORVI HMI harnesses the power of the ESP32 S3 module. This integration provides seamless communication capabilities and robust performance, making it a versatile choice for various applications.
- Built-in Buzzer: NORVI HMI includes a built-in buzzer, allowing for auditory alerts, notifications, and user feedback, enhancing the user experience.
- Ethernet (Optional) / Hardware: NORVI HMI gives you the option of Ethernet connectivity, making it possible to connect to networks and control devices remotely. The built-in hardware support ensures flexibility in connectivity.
- I/O Options: NORVI HMI boasts a range of I/O options, including:
- RS-485 Full Duplex
- Digital Inputs x 4
- Analog Inputs x 4
- Transistor Outputs x 4
Checkout the bench mark test video at https://youtu.be/9Zz_wGJb7Nk
Find out about ESP32 HMI for Innovations